Hello Alessio,

Alessio Sangalli wrote:
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

Exactly the way I would do it. But beware: XSLTs are chached with their
parameters. So it's interesting to know, how many pages you have or how
big the XSLTs are.
$ ls *.xml | wc -l
     12
(to be honest two xml pages are only tests)

$ wc -ml html.xsl
     86    2055 html.xsl
$ grep -c "<xsl:template" html.xsl
13

the xsl file is rather small, 86 linees 2055 characters for 13 templates.
that's ok ;-) It was more a general statement than a need for the numbers.

 >  Maybe it's an alternative to aggregate the XML source
 > with the navigation XML.

I don't understand this, could you explain?
example of sitemap aggregation:

<map:match pattern="test">
<map:aggregate element="page">
<map:part src="navigation.xml"/>
<map:part src="page-description.xml"/>
</map:aggregate>
<map:transform src="xml2html.xsl"/>
<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>> what I do to deal with this kind of thing is to have a menu.xml
>> structure, that is imported into all my pages via CInclude, then xslt
>
> mh, I've never understood the difference between Xinclude and
> Cinclude...

CInclude was an earlier implementation. Later the standard conform XInclude was implemented and the CInclude refactored. Now they have in general the same functionality AFAIK and somebody wanted to bring them to the same code and functionality (so that only the namespaces are different and both are usable and do the same).

Regards,

Joerg