On Tuesday 26 November 2002 11:43, Shaw, Chris wrote:
>. . .
> CInclude is not yet on my 'explored' list.
> But in a nuthsell you auto-generate an xml file which then lists which xml
> files you want to include, which is then sent back to Cocoon to process?

That's it.

> If this is the case then I don't think it will work because some of the
> files are only available server side and are fetched using RMI - therefore
> on the client side they only exists in memory.

Not sure if I understand exactly what's happening here...If Cocoon has to
fetch XML files through RMI and insert their content into XML streams, what
you need is a Generator that gets the XML over RMI, parses it and makes it
available as SAX events for the following pipeline components.

You could then use data provided by this Generator for anything, including
inclusion by CInclude.

The usage scenario would then be
1. Client requests http://myserver/LogPipeline/xyz.xml
2. Generator gets the XML data of "xyz" over RMI (xyz is some form of
identifier for the data, not necessarily a filename).
3. Generator parses the XML and generates SAX events.

>. . .
> I just need to figure out how to output XML as XML within XML!!!!!
>. . .

If you want to insert your RMI-XML into other XML without parsing the RMI-XML
(but I'm not sure if this is a good idea), I think the only way is to write a
Serializer that does this inclusion. Cocoon uses SAX events between
components, so I think all other forms require parsing of the RMI-XML.

-Bertrand