From: "Konstantin Piroumian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: value-substitution in Cocoon

Hi!
(Please do not use HTML mails in the mailing list.)

I see two ways to solve this task:
  1. Use an action that will get the original parameter and generate another
one, which you'll pass to the transformer.
  2. Use a the Request input module, e.g.  <map:parameter name="param"
value="{request:substring(requestURI, 0, 1)}"/> - this sample will give you
the first letter (see /samples/module/sitemap.xmap and XPath reference to
learn how to get the last character).

It sounds a little strange what you are trying to do though...

Regards,
  Konstantin