Hi Anna and Team!

CC-ing this message to Cocoon Dev list, cause it raises a more general
requirement for possibility to combine input modules with other input
modules in sitemap substitution values (see below for a use-case).

From: "Anna Afonchenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 12:23
Subject: Re: value-substitution in Cocoon

> Sorry for returning to this issue again, but I can't find an answer.
> Can I use value substitutoin inside the input module?
> Referring the example that yoou gave me, I don't want to get the substring
> of the whole URI, if I have match:
> <map:match pattern="*/*.html">

I see.

> I want to refer to the first wildcard inside the request: module,
something
> like:
> <map:parameter name="param" value="{request:substring({1},0,1)}"
> e.g. I want to apply XPath expression only on part of the URI using value
> substitution.

Quite natural desire. Unfortunately, this is not supported (I hope yet), but
it would be very useful.

> This is probably very stupid question, but I can't find an answer.

Don't bother so much about stupid questions, if it were really stupid then
I'd simply ignore it ;)

> Can somebody please explain me this or redirect me to some URL with
> explanations?
> (I read the http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/modules.html,
but
> it just explains the concept of modules, it doesn't have the example that
> need).

Yes, that's true. The documentation for Input module is very short, but I
hope that the sample (/samples/modules) demonstrates most of the
possibilities.

Konstantin