Thanks for the reply. I still, however, cant figure out how to get a "hello world"
working on a clean war without all of the other
crap in the cocoon war. The configuration file is just plain staggering to say the
least. And looking at some pages that use cocoon,
I'm starting to have second thoughts about its performance in high traffic situation.
Quite honestly I'm pretty close to saying
"hell with it" and just coding the interface in JSP. Although it might be powerful, if
it isn't easy, its trash. No professional dev
wants, or has the time, to blow 2 to three weeks just to get separation of logic and
presentation. Too high of a price for too
little gain.

Powerful? I believe you. I believe its powerful. Scalable? I don't know. The Wiki page
runs very slow for me and a tutorial linked
to me from the IBM site (which was done in cocoon) was taking 10 to 15 seconds per
page to render. Put that in production and your
company can kiss sales goodbye. Internet users are impatient and any guy with a DSL
isn't going to wait 15 seconds for your page.
User friendly? You've got to be joking.

No, I don't want to take up any more time from folks. I just simply don't have the
time to mess with it. Reading config files and
figuring out how the hell to build a new application just isn't what I want to do a
very trivial part of my project with.

-- Robert