hi richard,

you could take a look at tomcat's logs ($TOMCAT_HOME/logs).

and look at cocoon's sitemap.log; around the end of the log search for
'PreparableMatcher' and the like. if there's nothing like that dealing with
the uri match pattern you specified in your sitemap, definitely didn't get
processed.

maybe it would be best if you send your logs (if they're not too big) and
sitemap in a .zip file.