hi roberto, please see bottom of mail.

yes, you're crossing contexts (which I totally forgot to mention in the
beginning).

> ex: myvh.com/index.jsp --> tomcat
> myvh.com/pfw/myvh/read.pfw -->cocoon [where pfw is a page generated from
> sitemap.xmap stored in /usr/webapps/myvh/pfw/sitemap.xmap virtual host
> directory]
> This is a pice of my server.xml:
>
> <host name="myvh.com" appBase="/usr/webapps/myvh"  autoDeploy="0">
>     <Context reloadable="true" path="/pfw"
> docBase="/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/webapps/cocoon" debug="0">
>     <Context reloadable="true" path="*.pfw"
> docBase="/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/webapps/cocoon" debug="0">
> </host>

that means, that the JSP and the cocoon stuff live in seperate (webapp)
contexts (you can of course let cocoon handle JSPs). thus, the
encodeRedirectURL can't work, of course. note though that the
encodeRedirectURL should be done when redirecting within your webapp. for
url rewriting based sessions, this appends the ';JSESSIONID=...' to the url.
so, not doing this causes losing the session then.

so what can you do? from the top of my head two ideas:

1. let cocoon handle the JSPs
2. deliver the parameters (username/pw) via request parameters/attributes
(don't know if the latter works, though).