<snip/>

> If your servlet runs in the same context as cocoon, then i can't see
> at the moment, why you loose your session. from the standard
> behaviour of a servlet container i would expect, that once a session
> is created within one context, this session is kept. I dont think,

my point here was url encoding based session tracking. if cookies are
switched off url encoding is used to keep track of the session (via the
appended ';JSESSIONID=...'). so if you don't encode your urls correctly you
lose your session (in case of url based...).

> that xsp will always create new sessions. if create-session="true"
> I would expect, it creates a session, if none is existing, but once a

well, it does (non-believer ;-), at least in 2.0.4. here the snippet from
the session logicsheet:

      <xsl:variable name="create">
        <xsl:choose>
          <xsl:when test="@create-session='yes' or
@create-session='true'">true</xsl:when>
          <xsl:when test="@create-session='no' or
@create-session='false'">false</xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>true</xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>
      </xsl:variable>
      <xsp:init-page>
        Session session = request.getSession(<xsl:value-of
select="$create"/>);
      </xsp:init-page>

> session is created it should be keep living for subsequent requests...
>
> After having saying this, i bet you cross webapp boundaries ...
>
> regards, hussayn
>
> Marco Rolappe wrote:
>
> > hi roberto,

<snip/>