I'll write a generator.
FInally it's a good idea.

Thanks for the advices.

At 09:29 13/02/2003 +0100, you wrote:
OK, why not writing a generator.

But how can I get the values from the form to my generator?
With the xsp generator it was easy, I only had to use :<xsp:request get-parameter ...>

At 12:31 12/02/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Well, Robert's suggestion is a good one and I've already written a tutorial about
that (<http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/tutorial/tutorial-generator.html>http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/tutorial/tutorial-generator.html)

But if that seems out of reach, you can use something like:
<xsp:page>
<xsp:structure>
<xsp:include>yourpackage.*</xsp:include>
</xsp:structure>

to include any java class in your xsp and use it like you would anywhere else:
yourpackage.YourHelper.doSomethingComplicated(object);
or whatever. In the end, your xsp winds up as a java file (a Generator) so
you can do whatever can be done in java from within an xsp (except inheritance??)
including code encapsulation.

See <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/xsp/logicsheet-concepts.html#java-logicsheets>http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/xsp/logicsheet-concepts.html#java-logicsheets
for some specific things to look out for when doing that - the doc is aimed at
logicsheet development, but applies to this as well.

Some of the logicsheets do this as well, and would make good examples, though they are
slightly more complicated because they introduce one layer of abstraction from an xsp.

Geoff