Idhaya, thanks for help. Although the solution is incorrect.
I'll agree with J.Pietschmann, I don't think a simple solution exists!
I think the reasoning is ...
the welcome_title variable is holding a text value and it's not a node set.
text value can not be processed like a node set.

Only hope, I think is with the SQL Transformer. Instead of just laying
the text it should lay the full node set if the sql column value has any embeded tags!

-Yatin

J.Pietschmann wrote:

Idhaya Chandran wrote:

You can use <xsl:value-of select="{$welcome_title}"/>

That's a bad idea. This is a syntax error.

>From: Yatin Shah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

If the welcome_title was "<b> Hello. Welcome to Acme, Inc. &lt;/b&gt;"
Then the embeded HTML code is not interperted as HTML tags.

You should not put HTML snippets into a database. If you
want to extract them with Cocoon and have them delivered
as HTML in the output, you'll have to run them through an
XML parser. Just forget about simple solutions.

J.Pietschmann