Joerg Heinicke wrote:

Hello Vadim,

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Frank made a mistake... New configuration syntax which supports Cocoon
> protocols looks like:
>
> <user-config>context://webapps/ROOT/doc/fop/config.xml</user-config>
>
> Old configuration (with src attribute) does not support protocols, works
> only with file name (see FOPSerializer.java).

I tested the new configuration of the pdf serializer, but no luck. The userconfig file is found as before (but yeah, I use the new configuration ;-), but there is still a null in the path to the fonts:

Failed to read font metrics file nullwebapps/ROOT/doc/fop/fonts/Verdana.xml: /home/jheinicke/development/IUPB/iupb/nullwebapps/ROOT/doc/fop/fonts/Verdana.xml

Don't know; was working for me last time I tested.

FOP supports only links to the fonts in absolute file format, starting with "C:/", because currently there is no way to tell FOP current context. No support for Cocoon URIs, for now. See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/serializers/pdf-serializer.html.

Why must it be absolute paths now? In Cocoon 2.0.3 with Fop 0.20.3 the relative paths worked without any problems. But no longer in Cocoon 2.0.4 with Fop 0.20.4?

Not that it *must*... Yes it should work with relative path. But these paths will be relative to the current working directory of JVM - not relative to webapp context or sitemap. Because of this, it is easier to say that paths to the fonts must be absolute paths.

Vadim