I have argued a few days ago, that Cocoon forgets XML namespaces in HMTL(!)-serialized documents; I had and still have this problem particularly with pages generated with HTML generator.

However, revisiting the problem (also watching websites others create with Cocoon), I have to realize, that leftover namespaces are very usual; e.g. the following: SQL, i18n, XHTML also others, that have nothing to do with HTML specification.

So I believe, that this is a general problem, I might say a bug of the HTML serializer. because, again: I think using Cocoon means, that the user wants to make clean XML (cross) publishing. so I believe, that it is very important, that the HTML serializer generates correct HTML, not incorrect HTML as some others might create.

This is not only a question of functionality, but a very fundamental "philosophical" issue! We, the Apache/open source users do commit to open standards and try to be standard-complient, and *not* generate junk and modify standards as others might do.

At least, this is my point of view.

Alex