----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I have a question pertaining to it.. I've been told on a 1 server network,
it would work fine, what if you were to code it >into every server compiled
and connected to the network, would it be feasable that the servers would
not reject >eachother's mode set's, etc? I'm not sure, I'm thinking it would
require a bit more coding that I've done. *LOL* Just >thought I'd get some
input.

Well its possible but its the long way around, why not follow suite with
undernet and made a pseudo server bot like uworld which uses the U:line to
allow it to do all you have described on behalf of your opers. Whats good
about this method of working is the centralised control structure meaning
that rogue opers can be restricted and/or logged as well as commands can be
checked against network policy.

>     I was also curious to know if anyone would be willing to give me some
tips on TCP/IP programming, more or less, >pertaining to coding my own
Cservice bot (more like an Eggdrop rather than X). I have the old Uworld P9
code, I've >been readin through it all, and from the looks of it, including
some test Telnet sessions to my personal server, I have a >good rough idea
of how to code one now, but I'm still running into things, I have yet to get
my test program past the >registration process, I can't seem to get it to do
a PONG back w/ the # that was given by the server, it's not copying >into
the array correctly or something, anyway, any help you would be willing to
provide would be *much* appreciated.

Best advice i can give is to suggest you download a copy of the current
production services called GNUworld. I think the URI is something like
http://gnuworld.sourceforge.net/

> Thanks,
> Chris Gatewood

-=-peas-=-