(Please word-wrap your lines.)

>     I know I sent y'all an email earlier pertaining to the new Oper features
> in ircu2.10.xx, I wanted to make it clear that I know now I misunderstood the
> se features, due to lack of doc's etc, I have a question pertaining to it.. I
> 've been told on a 1 server network, it would work fine, what if you were to
> code it into every server compiled and connected to the network, would it be
> feasable that the servers would not reject eachother's mode set's, etc? I'm n
> ot sure, I'm thinking it would require a bit more coding that I've done. *LOL
> * Just thought I'd get some input.

If all servers have the same modifications to the code, assuming they're
correct, then yes, every server will be happy.  You may want to check into
ircu2.10.11.alpha, which already has a completely rewritten m_mode(), along
with an OPMODE command (which logs!).

>     I was also curious to know if anyone would be willing to give me some tip
> s on TCP/IP programming, more or less, pertaining to coding my own Cservice b
> ot (more like an Eggdrop rather than X). I have the old Uworld P9 code, I've
> been readin through it all, and from the looks of it, including some test Tel
> net sessions to my personal server, I have a good rough idea of how to code o
> ne now, but I'm still running into things, I have yet to get my test program
> past the registration process, I can't seem to get it to do a PONG back w/ th
> e # that was given by the server, it's not copying into the array correctly o
> r something, anyway, any help you would be willing to provide would be *much*
>  appreciated.

For TCP/IP programming, pick up a copy of the book "UNIX Network Programming"
by the late W. Richard Stevens--Volume I talks about TCP/IP quite extensively.
I also highly recommend Volume II, btw.  As for PING vs. PONG, assuming you're
coding a client connection rather than a server connection, treat it as an
ECHO; change the 'I' to an 'O' and spit the whole message back at the server.
If you're trying to connect as a server, you should be very aware of tokenized
commands; see in particular include/msg.h.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>