This change was actually meant to help with the configuration of
gnuworld.  If you check the help screen for configure, you will now
find this:

   --with-pgsql=PGSQLDIR   Specify location to find pgsql
                           Default path is "/usr/local/pgsql"

You can specify the path to your pgsql installation with
--with-pgsql.  This assumes that both the include/ and lib/
directories are directly under that directory installation.  However,
it seems that your installation has placed the include and library
files in separate locations.  I will add in the functionality to
specify different directory locations for both lib and include.

Dan