----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Kristian Trenskow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 3:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Coder-Com] +ei modes

> NewNet (i think is the one, i'm sure its some N<something>Net irc network)
> is the only IRC network those RFC's actually refer to, and none OTHER
(that
> i know of, unless they are specifically using that networks server code).
> suggest you write the creator of those RFC's to find out where to get the
> server code that supports those RFC's.

I think you mean IRCnet.  When The Great Split took place, the coder of 'the
original irc server' Jarkko Oikarinen went along with the (mostly) European
side to form IRCnet.  The IRC RFCs can be misleading, because they don't
indicate that there are other similar protocols (such as P10, TS3/4, ..),
and that only their code conforms to their standards.

  --
 Tom Rons ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
       (http://sourceforge.net/users/trons)