On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 12:50:28PM +1200, Mark Foster wrote:
> But is there any way to get the servers to compare eachothers topics and
> refresh them if one is missing on net.burst?
>
> You must have noticed that the topics quite often are seen on one server
> and not another after netsplits..

It's pretty trivial to write some code to *properly* sync topics on a netjoin.
I've written a patch to do this in the past (just as an idle something to do,
while I was trying to learn the ins and outs of TS syncronisation).  However,
it does chew a lot of bandwidth, and surprisingly enough memory - because
topics don't naturally expire anymore.  Weird.  Anyway, it's been a common
discussion point for several years, and the general consensous is that we
don't have that much bandwidth to play with.

--
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after.