> Yes, Brian is right, it was ruled out in the early years of protocol 10
> due to high uses of bandwidth.  Altho, if you are really interested in
> this, it would be pretty easy to modify the ircu to your own liking and
> placing a final argument on the end of the burst line between servers.

Actually, making this modification isn't easy at all.  The last argument
in the BURST is the ban list, which is white-space separated, and so must
be sent with a colon prefix...making it the last argument, period.  If
you really want to do this, I would suggest sending the topic time last
sent, and sending TOPIC on a desync.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>