When ircu2.10.11 is implemented, we will be able to /mode yournick +x to
change your host to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or something
like that).

The servers themselves have the ability to autolink to their hub server
when they're split.  A bot should not be necessary for this.... :-)  It may
take 5-10 minutes for the autolink to reconnect the servers, but it should
relink by itself eventually, if it's configured properly...