> If "we" think 40 will be enough for most channels, would it be possible to
> have a higher limit for very large channels on a request basis? Let 40 be
> the normal max and allow the limit to be raised only on channels that need
> it. I may be wrong, but I doubt many channels will find a need to petition
> for an exception. One thing though, is the 40 the combined channel ban +
> Xban limit or is it 40 X bans + 40 channel bans?

There are 45 bans per channel in .03.  Without modifications, it is
impossible to allow given channels to have more than that number of
bans.  The modifications would have to take the form of channel modes
that could only be set by IRC operators or somesuch, which is not
something we're prepared to do.  An automatic scheme like I suggest,
where the number of bans is made proportional to the size of the
channel, is a much better scheme, in my opinion.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>