Hello,
     I had an idea that would help channel operators fight spamming
on their channels.   I suggest the addition of a new command CYCLE
that would be available to channel operators only (I know that the
functionnality is "somehow" already included in most scripts.. however
it would be much more efficient at the server level).

A channel operator that would issue the "/quote CYCLE #channel"
command would be propagated to all servers and each server would
issue a PART, JOIN, and MODE +o command  on the server-client
protocol only.   Basically, for the servers, the user never left the
channel (thus does not lose the @).   The client-server protocol would
not change and for the users on the channel, it would look like a real
PART, JOIN, MODE +o sequence.

Why?  we save some bandwidth on the server-server protocol: no need
to send the PART, JOIN, and MODEs..  and we save as well some
work-load for X, cuz when a user cycle a channel it is normally followed
by an op request to the channel bot or X.
We will eliminate the need for special bots that have been set-up to join-part
channels to find spammers.   Actually, it's for the last reason that I
beleive it would be a good addition to ircu.   I was thinking of adding a
new bot for that purpose on #quebec, but with this feature, the existing
bot can do the job without any loss of performance.

Radium