I think he is talking about extending the server-server protocol, so
that *servers* only get/send 1 cycle command instead of 3
JOIN/PART/MODE. On recieving a cycle command each server still sends
out 3 JOIN/PART/MODE to each of the affected clients (but one).

But in reality the bandwidth savings of this are next to none, since
you arn't saving anything server<>client which is where most of the
bandwidth usage lies on servers with lots of clients - and on top of
this, ops needing to cycle channels really isnt *that* common at all.

Therefore I very much doubt that anyone would be interested in messing
with the server-server protocol just to add this.

Regards,
Ian Packer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]