> While +r cuts down the number of spam bots extremely well, it also seems
> to starve the channel of the "normal" people/newbies. It would be nice
> if the server sent instructions ....something like "login to X to join"
> or "register at http://cservice.undernet.org/live to join" instead of
> the usual "channel is +r"

I'd actually suggest "You must login to services (+r) to enter this
channel."  Not something too Undernet specific.  Unless it could be added as
a configurable F:line of sorts.

Captain Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The way to become boring is to say everything." --Voltaire

A man gives you a fish, you owe him a fish.
Teach yourself to fish, ...go to jail for DMCA violation.