Ian Kumlien wrote:

Thank you for your report, however, in future can you send bug reports to [EMAIL PROTECTED] I'll get onto fixing this ASAP.

on ircu universal you get "can't part, not on that channel" so, moving the "user has parted" up somewhere in the code + adding a check if it's missing should be all thats required.

I dunno what changes there has been since universal forked (i assume
it's s**tloads) but checking other commands for similar mishaps might be
a good idea.

It's part of the cleanup we did to the JOIN/PART code, mostly so we can keep one line of JOIN/PART's instead of splitting them into separate JOIN/PART messages to send server to server. We build up a list of JOIN/PART's in a "joinbuf" then flush the join buf to servers. Due to fixing another bug (referencing a channel after it had been free'd) we introduced this one. I've fixed this in the latest beta which we're trialling at the moment to make sure it doesn't core anything :)

PS. I'm new to this ml... So.. I'm the arcnet ircd coder, and were
planning to move from universal to undernet.. Thats why I'm getting a
bit paranoid =)

Heh, bad timing for a nasty bug eh? :) You'll probably find we've made a LOT of changes over "universal", mostly code cleanups, restructuring how things are done so they are easier to code on (at least IMHO).