It clearly says that it's unable to resolve the host. If you put irc.google.com in the M:line or General block (if it's 2.10.12.*) surely you wouldn't be able to connect to irc.google.com, but the IP address of the server. The server name can be anything, even "this.domain.does.not.even.exist" - but it doesn't mean you can connect to this.domain.does.not.even.exist remotely, so you will have to use the IP address. If you really want to use some host then make sure you set up A record (forward) to the IP address, in other words: make sure the host resolves to it.

Webmaster wrote:

Well I got this part figured out. Thanks to someone smacking me in the head with a brick and remind me of the command line params available, I was able to debug the conf file. Now that is working just fine and the process shows as being live but I cannot connect to the server. ARGH! I get an unable to resolve server when I try to connect via mIRC. I shut down my firewall to test to see if that was an issue but no help. I can connect to other IRC servers using the same ports just fine. Any ideas what it is that I have set wrong?

Thanks,
Head Freak

--
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko