Thanks for the reply. I figured out that I was being a total dumb ass forgetting to set up the A record on the server! I did that and it is resolving now just fine. (It was a long coding session and I was past the point of thinking straight!) The part I am up to now is setting up the conf file to make sure I don't have any holes and/or back doors. I am setting up this server to be a stand alone chat. I will not and do not want to connect to any other servers. I want to let anyone other than known bad guys connect and I would like to set myself up as the full power OP over the whole server. Can you advise any specific settings I need to set or delete to set up a server like this?

Thanks,
Head Freak