ghaerr commented on PR #19912:
URL: https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/19912#issuecomment-5873678533

   @ppisa,
   
   Thanks for your longer explanations. I hadn't thought about the additional 
problem of the pointer itself starting misaligned. Indeed this issue is more 
complex than I thought.
   
   > So I think that the warning is right to stay there for most uses to keep 
it in mind but should not be considered error.
   
   > But on the other hand, it is ugly
   
   > Ability to catch similar problems when newly introduced would worth to be 
kept. 
   
   Actually, I was just thinking the ifdef NUTTX around a pragma as being ugly. 
How about the idea of just adding the bare pragma without ifdef around the 
function? In this way, the function is marked as potentially problematic, and 
the solution works for the NUTTX build as well as any future environments that 
might emit the same error or warning.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to