linguini1 commented on PR #20394: URL: https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/20394#issuecomment-5894741366
> I have spent couple of weeks with reviews and I got the conclusion it will be impossible to do it in a small changes in several commits. I don't think this is necessarily true. For instance, I think it's totally possible to first re-organize the filesystem docs, then the scheduler docs, then libc, etc. where these changes are just directory structure modifications. Then, I think all of the newly written documentation can be submitted in individual patches per new page/section added. That way, reviewers can actually read and comprehend the change and make sure the AI-generated are correct and well-written. This PR is much too large to verifiably review. I do not want to trust the generated scripts in this review and would much rather a smaller diff to verify every re-organization patch was just a file move, and then have separate PRs for reviewing the generated content. Would it please be possible for you to first split the re-organization into multiple, smaller patches done on a logical per-section basis? I.e. one patch for the filesystem re-org, one for the OS, etc.? I would recommend only doing the split after the mailing list discussion comes up in case there are any suggestions. This would really help us confidently merge these changes. Once again; the re-organized structure to follow the source layout is (in my opinion) a very good idea. It just needs to be a done in a more reviewable way, please :) -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected]
