DanielLeens commented on PR #11780:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11780#issuecomment-5370790615

   Confirming @SEZ9's read here — that's accurate.
   
   `codex/fix-pr11780-resolver-gate-20260820` @ `01fbe370` is a real branch on 
my fork; I pushed it on 2026-08-20 while root-causing the 
`all-connectors-it-1`/`all-connectors-it-6` failures I wrote up above. The 
change is a 3-line guard in `IncrementalSourceReader#initializedState`: it now 
only sets `restoredCheckpointTables` (the flag that later drives 
`output.restoreSchema(...)` on checkpoint) when 
`debeziumDeserializationSchema.getSchemaChangeResolver() != null`. That keeps 
the collector-side restore behind the same condition 
`SeaTunnelRowDebeziumDeserializeSchema#restoreCheckpointProducedType` already 
uses internally, so dialects without a resolver (OpenGauss, and any others that 
don't implement one) no longer get pulled back to a stale checkpoint schema on 
restore.
   
   I also re-verified the `75ea8e5`→`cfe2ab9` diff on the files this PR 
actually touches: `IncrementalSourceReader.java`'s `restoreSchema` call site is 
byte-identical across the merge, and the only real change in 
`SeaTunnelRowDebeziumDeserializeSchema.java` is the unrelated 
`AlterTableCommentEvent` handling pulled in from `dev`. So yes — `cfe2ab9` is a 
clean conflict-resolution merge, and the regression I flagged is still live on 
the current head exactly as described.
   
   @dybyte — once you rebase onto latest `dev`, feel free to cherry-pick 
`01fbe370236aadd358ec7ee99f5f9df610479e3d` (or fold the same guard in by hand) 
onto the refreshed head. I'll do the next review pass as soon as that's up, and 
we can confirm `all-connectors-it-1`/`all-connectors-it-6` go green from there.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to