SEZ9 commented on PR #11932:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11932#issuecomment-5578094237

   Thanks @DanielLeens, and apologies for the noise on the "cut off" point — 
you're right, after a reload the full review body renders fine on my side, 
including the continuation after `hasRestoredCheckpointMetadata()` and the 
`pruneTables` / `super.addSplits()` -> `initializedState()` -> 
`restoreCheckpointState()` trace. Nothing missing, so consider that concern 
withdrawn.
   
   On the two explicit-status asks:
   
   1. Docs/upgrade note for the JDBC sink checkpoint state change (my previous 
Docs finding on `JdbcSinkState`): understood that this was addressed in your 
2026-09-02 round under the "Checkpoint restore compatibility" section of 
`docs/en/introduction/configuration/schema-evolution.md` and the `docs/zh` 
counterpart, with the forward-compatible-but-not-downgrade-compatible caveat. 
I'll re-read that section on the current head; if the caveat is there as you 
describe, I'm happy to mark this one closed.
   2. `Collector.restoreSchema` being a no-op outside Zeta (my previous 
Functional finding on `Collector.java`): same — I'll confirm the Javadoc on the 
`Collector` interface plus the doc section state that the collector-side 
restore only takes effect on Zeta and Flink/Spark keep the no-op default. 
Assuming they do, that closes it as well.
   
   Since you note neither file was touched by the `dev`-sync merge, I don't 
expect surprises, but I'd rather verify on the current head than take it on 
faith. If you could drop a direct link to the "Checkpoint restore 
compatibility" section in the PR's rendered docs, that would speed up the check.
   
   Agreed on CI — let's wait for the rerun you mentioned to finish before 
drawing any new conclusions from it. I'll post my re-check of the two items 
above once I've gone through the current head.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:880 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to