DanielLeens commented on PR #11890:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11890#issuecomment-5459189299

   CI update on my 2026-08-24 re-review, @JacobZheng0927 — at the time I wrote 
"Build was still IN_PROGRESS... I have no reason to expect a failure," but that 
run finished shortly after (7 minutes later) with `FAILURE`, so I want to 
correct the record and give you the concrete cause and fix, rather than leaving 
"wait for CI" as the last word.
   
   Root cause: it's a real compile failure, but it is not in this PR's diff. 
The full log shows:
   
   ```
   [ERROR] Failed to execute goal 
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.10.1:testCompile 
(default-testCompile) on project seatunnel-engine-server: Compilation failure
   [ERROR] 
.../seatunnel-engine/seatunnel-engine-server/src/test/java/org/apache/seatunnel/engine/server/event/JobStateEventTest.java:[165,23]
 error: cannot find symbol
   [ERROR]   symbol:   variable FAILED_JOB_EVENT_TIMEOUT_SECONDS
   [ERROR]   location: class JobStateEventTest
   ```
   
   That test compile failure fails the whole reactor build, which is why every 
single downstream job (unit tests, all the connector/CDC ITs, etc.) shows red 
on this run — it's a single shared-step break, not dozens of independent 
failures.
   
   This branch's merge commit (`caa401bb7f`, "Merge remote-tracking branch 
'origin/dev'") synced with `dev` at a point where `JobStateEventTest` 
referenced that constant name, before it was fixed upstream. I confirmed `dev` 
already contains the fix: commit `43fe63b1fc` "[Fix][Zeta] Fix undefined job 
event timeout constant (#11954)" landed on `dev` at 2026-08-24T11:50:50Z — 
about 10 hours after this PR's merge-commit CI run started. Current `dev` uses 
`RESTORE_TO_FAILED_TIMEOUT_SECONDS` in that test, so the symbol issue is 
already resolved upstream.
   
   Concrete next step: sync your branch with the latest `dev` again (merge or 
rebase) and push. That will pick up #11954's fix and the 
`seatunnel-engine-server` test-compile step should pass again. This is 
unrelated to your JDBC sink flush fix itself — I already re-verified in my last 
review that the 7 files in this PR's actual diff (`JdbcOutputFormat.java`, the 
three executors, `JdbcSinkWriter.java`) are byte-for-byte identical to what I 
approved before, so no further code review is needed once CI is green again.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to