yigitcan-ozturk commented on issue #11007:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/11007#issuecomment-5557541057

   Hi, I would like to claim the Sink / connector-sentry validation migration.
   
   I audited the current `dev` implementation, tracker claims, and open PRs. I 
did not find an active connector-sentry OptionRule validation PR.
   
   `SentrySinkFactory.optionRule()` currently requires `dsn` only for presence. 
Because `dsn` is a string, empty and whitespace-only values can pass factory 
validation and reach `SentrySinkWriter`, where the value is forwarded to 
`SentryOptions#setDsn` before `Sentry.init`.
   
   I propose a focused connector-sentry-only change:
   
   * keep `dsn` required and add the existing declarative 
`Conditions.notBlank(DSN)` constraint;
   * add factory-validation coverage for valid, empty, and whitespace-only DSN 
values;
   * preserve option names and all existing nonblank configurations;
   * leave Sentry initialization/runtime behavior unchanged;
   * do not add remote/network validation or broaden the connector scope.
   
   I am intentionally not adding numeric constraints for optional Sentry SDK 
settings unless there is an existing connector-side validation contract to 
migrate.
   
   Please confirm that I can proceed. Thank you!
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to