SEZ9 commented on PR #11545:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11545#issuecomment-5643179786

   Thanks for the per-ID checklist and for re-verifying against `fbd46ce70df3`.
   
   I can't yet confirm from this thread the changes attributed to 
`504eb8b2979`, `1b1da9e864e`, and `be5492399ba`, so I'm holding off on marking 
F1/F5, F2, and F4/F7 resolved. Could you link the diffs for those three commits 
so I can verify the launcher Java-version pre-check and flag injection, the 
`IllegalAccessException` logging in `KuduUtil` / `PaimonSecurityContext`, and 
the JDK 11 pin in `upgrade_compatibility.yml`? For F1/F5, please also point me 
at the equivalent block in `seatunnel.sh`, since the checklist mentions the 
client launcher but I haven't seen that change.
   
   Still open, as your checklist shows:
   
   - **F3**: the blanket `--add-opens`/`--add-exports` to `ALL-UNNAMED` in 
`config/jvm_master_options` and siblings. I'm not asking for a full per-module 
rework, but I'd like either (a) the list trimmed to the packages the 
Kudu/Paimon/Kerberos paths actually need, with a comment per flag naming the 
consumer, or (b) a short justification per flag in the PR description.
   - **F6/F8**: the workflow-level `JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS` in 
`.github/workflows/backend.yml`. If the launcher now injects the flags itself, 
the global env var should no longer be needed for the e2e/cluster jobs — please 
drop it, or scope it to any job that genuinely needs it. That also removes the 
`Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS` stderr noise from every child process.
   
   Once I can see the diffs for the three fix commits and F3/F6/F8 are 
addressed, I'll do a final pass. Thanks for the work so far.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:991 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to