SEZ9 commented on PR #12015:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12015#issuecomment-5738485145

   @luozihen Thanks for the detailed walkthrough on c15f9fd.
   
   **F1** — Understood. If `ReadonlyConfig#toConfig()` is unchanged and 
`ReadonlyConfig.java` is not in this PR's diff, then the finding as written was 
aimed at the wrong place, and I'm happy to retarget it to 
`ConfigShadeUtils.processConfig`. The reasoning for the JSON round-trip there 
makes sense — a regex key like `^t_nova_.*$` being re-read as a HOCON path and 
failing with `ConfigException$BadPath` would block this feature. Two things I'd 
still like so we can close F1 and F7 together:
   
   1. Confirm that existing configs using dotted keys still resolve to the same 
values after `processConfig` as before. Since the map holds already-parsed 
values I expect they do, but a small unit test asserting both cases (literal 
regex key preserved, dotted key unchanged) would make the guarantee explicit.
   2. Your comment cuts off at "it merges the two option maps" — could you 
finish that thought on `MultiTableFailureHelper#mergeOptions()`? Specifically, 
how does the merge handle a key present in both maps, and does it keep the same 
precedence `withFallback()` gave?
   
   **F4** — Good to see a test added for the placeholder pass ordering; that 
was the piece I most wanted covered.
   
   **F2, F3, F5, F6, F8** — You mention these were pointed at the current 
source, but that part of the comment didn't come through. Could you re-post the 
pointers? In particular, for F2/F5 I'd like to see where declaration order for 
the map-typed option is preserved (or where the docs were adjusted to stop 
promising it), and for F6 where the user regex is compiled up front and mapped 
to the JDBC-12 error code.
   
   Once those land I'll do a final pass against c15f9fd.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1148 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to