DanielLeens commented on PR #11545:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11545#issuecomment-6027085464

   Thanks @SEZ9. Going through your list against head `d1794e8fb` and fork run 
37331927562 (now complete):
   
   **1. `unit-test (17)` result.** In run 37331927562 all four unit-test legs 
passed: `unit-test (11)` and `unit-test (17)` on ubuntu and on windows, and 
`Dependency licenses` passed too. The run as a whole is still red, so I am not 
calling it green: four other jobs failed (`benchmark-test (11)`, 
`all-connectors-it-2 (11)` cancelled at its 2h30m timeout after a silent hang 
in `PulsarMultiTableIT`, `edge-agent-it (17)` in 
`SavePointTest.testSavePointButJobGoingToFail`, and `all-connectors-it-6 (17)` 
in `DatabendCDCSinkIT` with `expected: <3> but was: <0>`). I read each log; 
none shows a module-access error, the test files are unchanged from the Aug 28 
green head, and the other JDK leg of the same job passed for the first three. 
That is circumstantial, not proof, so I re-ran all four with `--failed` 
(attempt 2 of the same run, queued). I will report that result, and any job 
that fails a second time I will root-cause separately instead of retrying again.
   
   **2. Description and comments.** The PR description is updated: it no longer 
says the flags reach CI via `JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS`, it lists the three places the 
flags now live (shipped config, launcher scripts, test JVMs), and it has an 
explicit paragraph that the unit-test lane intentionally repeats the flags, 
why, and that only the integration-test lanes rely on `surefire.module.args` 
alone. The step comments in `backend.yml` already say this (`c284df271`). I 
have not pushed to add a reference to the follow-up issue there, because a push 
would cancel the re-run that is now in progress; I will add it with the next 
push.
   
   **3. `JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS`.** It is no longer set in `backend.yml` on this 
head. It is still set, as a single 
`--add-exports=java.security.jgss/sun.security.krb5=ALL-UNNAMED`, in three 
non-test workflows: `codeql.yaml` (which also puts heap flags in the same 
variable), `publish-docker.yaml` and `upgrade_compatibility.yml`. So the F6 
concern (CI never running on a plain JDK 11/17) does not apply to the test 
lanes any more. The stderr noise from F8 can still appear in those three. I 
believe the jgss export has no remaining consumer there, since `KuduUtil` and 
`PaimonSecurityContext` use reflection now, but I have not proven it, and 
`publish-docker.yaml` cannot be exercised cheaply. If you want them removed I 
will do it as a separate small commit and note that it is unverified until 
those workflows run.
   
   **4. Follow-up for `connector-lance`.** Filed as 
https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/12655, with the evidence, the cause 
(its own `<argLine>` and `surefire.jvm.args`), and the suggested change 
(inherit the root argLine, then drop the repeated flags from 
`SUREFIRE_JVM_ARGS`). It is a `pom.xml` change, so I have left it out of this 
PR.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to