SEZ9 commented on PR #12293:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12293#issuecomment-6029508630

   Thanks @sudeephazra for splitting the follow-ups into fragments — much 
easier to track.
   
   **F2 (HNS requirement)** – Thanks for pointing to the sink prerequisite 
section at cbe10d8098f001db5a50dd321a68a4df67419828. Requiring HNS for 
transactional commit / exactly-once, explaining the partial-output risk without 
it, and requiring `tmp_path` and `path` to share a container is exactly what I 
was after. I'll confirm against the revision diff.
   
   **F3 (undocumented validation rules / template)** – Documenting the naming, 
auth mutual-exclusion and blocked `hadoop_adls_properties` rules, plus fixing 
the template placeholders, addresses the concern as described. Fine that users 
still supply their own account key. I'll confirm against the diff.
   
   **F4 (OAuth endpoint construction)** – Validating `tenant_id` and requiring 
an HTTPS authority with a valid host (rejecting user info, non-root paths, 
queries and fragments) sounds like it resolves the plain-HTTP / arbitrary-URL 
concern. I'm fine with not enforcing a trusted-host allowlist as long as custom 
HTTPS authority hosts are an intentional, supported feature — please make sure 
the `authority_host` option description states that explicitly so users 
understand the trust boundary. I'll confirm the rest against the diff.
   
   **F7 (source doc defaults)** – Thanks; I'll verify that both source docs 
show `discovery_mode = ONCE` and `start_mode = EARLIEST` in the revision.
   
   Still open from the previous review — could you confirm the status of each 
(either a pointer to the fix in the current revision, or a note if you 
disagree)?
   
   - **F1** – `ADLSHadoopConf` consuming raw (untrimmed) option values while 
the validator checks trimmed ones, so whitespace from env-var substitution 
passes validation and then fails at runtime. Ideally both paths should use the 
same normalized values.
   - **F5** – Option tables in the sink docs missing options the factories 
actually expose, and the en/zh sink tables having drifted from each other.
   - **F6** – The `ConfigShadeUtils` change adding `account_key` to the default 
log-mask list is not mentioned in the docs or the PR description; please call 
it out since it affects all connectors.
   - **F8** – `hadoop_adls_properties` prefix denylist still allowing 
class-loading and token-provider ABFS keys through, which contradicts the 
"non-routing, non-credential" contract in the option description. Either 
tighten the denylist or soften the documented contract.
   
   Once those are covered I'll do a final pass on the full revision.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1568 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to