Hi folks,

This strikes me as a bit odd. I think we have already discussed this at length
and agreed that a release could proceed.

Since then, Arun and Owen have worked actively to incorporated community
feedback into this release.

All parties making Hadoop releases other then Apache have already incorporated
most of the patches in this release into their products, including doug's
organization. I don't see how Hadoop's users benefit from Apache not
incorporating them into an Apache release.

As previously discussed, all parties are welcome to champion altenative
releases from Apache if they want to invest in making Apache Hadoop better.

Thanks!!

E14

---
E14 - typing on glass