How well is trunk tested? Does anyone deploy it with real applications
running on top? When will the trunk codebase next be the basis for a
production release? An impromptu diff of hadoop-common trunk against
branch-2 as of today is 38,625 lines. Can they be said to be the same
animal? I ask because any disincentive toward putting code in trunk is
beside the point, if the only target worth pursuing today is branch-2
unless one doesn't care if the code is released for production use.
Questions on whither JDK6 or JDK7+ (or JRE6 versus JRE7+) only matter for
the vast majority of Hadoopers if talking about branch-2.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)