I think we should come up with a plan for when the next Hadoop release
will drop support for JDK6.  We all know that day needs to come... the
only question is when.  I agree that writing the JDK7-only code
doesn't seem very productive unless we have a plan for when it will be
released and usable.

best,
Colin