On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Allen Wittenauer <a...@altiscale.com> wrote:

>> * Have we tried our precommit on PRs yet? Does it work for multiple
>> branches? Is there a way to enforce rebase+squash vs. merge on the PR,
>> since, per Allen, Yetus requires one commit to work?
>

>         I don’t know about the Jenkins-side of things (e.g., how does Jenkins
> trigger a build?).  As far as Yetus is concerned, here’s the functionality
> that has been written:
>
>         * Pull patches from Github by PR #
>         * Comment on patches in Github, given credentials
>         * Comment on specific lines in Github, given credentials
>         * Test patches against the branch/repo that the pull request is
> against
>         * GH<->JIRA intelligence such that if a PR mentions an issue as the
> leading text in the subject line or an issue mentions a PR in the comments,
> pull from github and put a comment in both places (again, given credentials)

Jenkins builds are all driven off of the "Precommit Admin" job that
does a JQL search for enabled projects with open patches:

https://builds.apache.org/view/PreCommit%20Builds/job/PreCommit-Admin/

I believe with the current integration, that means we'll find an test
any github PRs that are mentioned in a jira ticket that is in
PATCH_AVAILABLE status.

At some point we'll need an exemplar jenkins trigger job that just
activates on open PRs, at least for ASF projects. But no such job
exists now.

--
Sean