On 28 Oct 2016, at 04:20, Brahma Reddy Battula
<brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com<mailto:brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>> wrote:

Hi All

As we supporting the Hadoop in windows, I feel, we should have pre-commit build
in windows( atleast in qbt).

We've never had it work too well with Windows precommit & Jenkins; maybe
someone could volunteer to try again. What's important is not to overwhelm the
JIRAs with noise that gets ignored.

Background:

As of now pre-commit will not run on windows, we may end up with following

1)      Test cases  can fail in windows

2)      Compilation Error (now it's failing, after HADOOP-10075)

I've not had branch-3 building for a while, though maybe it's my Windows Server
VM that's a mess. Maybe I should rm it and grab the limited-lifespan dev box,
then add the extra Hadoop bits
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines

3)      Some feature might not work

It will be good, if we catch all these at time of commit. (Prevention is better
than cure..:) )

I think a first step would be to have scheduled builds on windows; ideally with
people caring that they are playing up.

Anyway,

+1 for more windows testing