> On Oct 27, 2016, at 8:20 PM, Brahma Reddy Battula
> <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> As we supporting the Hadoop in windows, I feel, we should have pre-commit
> build in windows( atleast in qbt).

        I actually tried to get Apache Yetus testing Apache Hadoop on the
hadoop-win box last year.  (This was before qbt mode existed.)  I gave up
because the components needed to build trunk weren't installed and it looked
like the box itself was ill. I moved on to the Mac build which, while tricky,
got it working with a bit of magic.  Then they took the Mac away.  IBM provided
access to a PowerPC machine, so I moved onto the ppc64le build. After a lot of
hand wringing, we got it up and running and stable enough to show how broken
the build is by our usage of leveldbjni.

        It should be noted that getting infra support for non-Linux/x86 builds
is a pretty major exercise in frustration.  They don't really have the time,
those boxes tend to go down often, and rarely get updated. (The Solaris box is
running a really old build of Solaris 10.  So old, that when it came out, I was
still employed by Sun...)  If folks are actually serious about adding more
platforms, then I'd suggest that some of these big vendors actually cough up
some cash to move the precommit infrastructure off of the ASF and onto
something more reliable with more platform diversity.