> On Nov 1, 2016, at 4:00 AM, Brahma Reddy Battula
> <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com> wrote:

> Thanks for information. Seems to be challenge to get it done. Can we try to
> get dedicated machine for this..?

        We have one.  What we don't have is someone dedicated enough to keep it
running.  It is not a "one and done". Folks will add new or change dependencies
and not bother to update or even to tell anyone to update the build servers.
Even though the Linux/x86 builds have the build setup as part of the source
tree (dev-support/docker/Dockerfile), people *still* ignore it then complain
that their new feature isn't getting tested.

        FWIW, there are still bits broken even on Linux/x86.  MAPREDUCE-6743 is
a great view of the apathetic nature of the committer pool that anyone who
takes this on will have to work around.   Those native MR tasks tests have been
known to be broken since qbt was introduced several months ago. (They weren't
testing in the nightly builds before, so have likely been broken for a very
long time. qbt just made them visible.) Frankly, Windows builds have zero
chance if we can't even get the Linux/x86 build stable.