My cluster admin noticed that there is some additional pipes package he could
add to the cluster configuration, but he admits to knowing very little about
how the C++ pipes component of Hadoop works.

Can you offer any insight into this cluster configuration package?  What
exactly does it do that makes a cluster capable of running pipes programs (and
what symptom should its absence present from a user's point of view)?

On Mar 30, 2010, at 13:43 , Gianluigi Zanetti wrote:

> Hello.
> Did you try following the tutorial in
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/C++WordCount ?
>
> We use C++ pipes in production on a large cluster, and it works.
>
> --gianluigi

Keith Wiley               kwi...@keithwiley.com               www.keithwiley.com

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
  -- Galileo Galilei