try

   dd if=/dev/random bs=1 count=100 of=/dev/null

This will likely hang for a long time.

There is no way that I know of to change the behavior of /dev/random except
by changing the file itself to point to a different minor device.  That
would be very bad form.

One think you may be able do is to pour lots of entropy into the system via
/dev/urandom.  I was not able to demonstrate this, though, when I just tried
that.  It would be nice if there were a config variable to set that would
change this behavior, but right now, a code change is required (AFAIK).

Another thing to do is replace the use of SecureRandom with a version that
uses /dev/urandom.  That is the point of the code that I linked to.  It
provides a plugin replacement that will not block.