I've used hadoop profiling (.prof) to show the stack trace but it was hard
to follow. jConsole locally since I couldn't find a way to set a port
number to child processes when running them remotely. Linux commands
(top,/proc), showed me that the virtual memory is almost twice as my
physical which means swapping is happening which is what I'm trying to
avoid.

So basically, is there a way to assign a port to child processes to monitor
them remotely (asked before by Xun) or would you recommend another
monitoring tool?

Thank you,
Mark