On Thursday, January 3, 2002, at 06:53 PM, Lenharcik Juraj wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can someone tell me short what commons/logging is?

commons-logging is a small, component oriented logging package. it has a
minimal ability to log by itself but it is intended that most users will
elect to use a heavyweight logging system (for example log4j or logkit)
through a wrapper.

> Is there planed to do an
> active logging Servlet framework with Jaas and struts for different
> backends? i think on something like in jboss.

i think that the plan is to keep commons-logging as simple as possible. i
don't know if active servlet logging framework(s) are being planned
elsewhere.

- robert