Scott,

>+1 for the sandbox.  Store seems like a perfectly usable component.
>Have you looked at what JAMES and Slide have.  I think that also have
>store impls.

JAMES uses a Store service that has multiple implementations.  The
particular implementation used is configured in XML.  One of the impls
uses Avalon-Cornerstone's Store, which itself is configurable in XML.
 It is all to do with the IoC pattern.  JAMES and Cornerstone are
Avalon-Phoenix based componements.

Regards,

- Paul H