Folks,

I've coded another tranport type for AltRMI - "Direct-Marshalled"

Here is a comparison of three similar AltRMI types:

* Direct Marshalled Transport.
    - marshalling takes place.
    - instances passed by value between client and server may not be a
mutually visible classloader.
    - does not need separate threads for client and server.

 * Direct Transport
    - no marshalling takes place in Direct Transport.
    - instances passed by value between client and server must be a
mutually visible classloader.
    - does not need separate threads for client and server.

 * Piped Transport
    - marshalling takes place.
    - instances passed by value between client and server may not be a
mutually visible classloader.
    - needs separate threads for client and server.

I have coded it for Alt-EJB (now named "Enterprise Object Broker" and
hosted on sourceforge and 10% coded).

Regards,

- Paul H