Hi,
It is very interesting, does somebody works on persistence ?
I know this  stuff like JTA, JAAS, JDO ... .
I work on persistence in the current project, I have plans to complete it
next weak.
Idea is like this : "User defines some interfaces and optional mappings".
Container or application
Manages persistence and  transactions , user defined interfaces can
be  reused for "Value Objects","Remote/Local" ...
I will use simplestore for cache.
Do you need this kind of code ?
But I don't know how  to handle  "By Value".
void myMethod( MyInterfaceType mt ){
     mt.setSomething("X");//Don't understand how to handle this (  is X set
on copy of Object  ? )
    }

>I have coded it for Alt-EJB (now named "Enterprise Object Broker" and
>hosted on sourceforge and 10% coded).

I like this name :)